Thursday, April 11, 2013

All Done (for the most part)

Today I had my last radiation therapy treatment, and my last visit to the oncology nurses.  Yay me.

I also got to take my mask home:


I'm glad to finally to be able to not have to wear that on a daily basis.  When it's clamped down, it's pretty skin tight, it usually leaves the honey comb pattern on my face for a bit after.  It needs a wooden plaque, and some antlers- I suppose I also need a fire place to put it above as well.

I had to have my port flushed one last time (supposed to have it accessed, or flushed once a month).  In a month I'll have it removed (and added as another cancer souvenir) after I get over the worst of the radiation side effects.  It was good to see my oncology nurses one more time in the chair.

After that- I rest for a month and a half or so to relax, recover and have my body return to normal.

I do have a mid June appointment with both my oncologists, just to see how everything has gone- but more so to check up on my health to make sure my recover is going well.  It's looking like I should be back to work around middle/end of June now.

I still can't taste anything, and probably won't for the next month, as it slowly comes back. Because of the way I was situated, I lost part of my new hair on the lower back of my head:


That sucks.  Although- most everywhere else is growing well.  My facial hair I noticed, has stopped growing on the right side of my face because of the radiation... but still grows on the left side.  So I have to shave half of my face now.  At least it's not blonde anymore.

Cats:
They do in fact like each other.

2 comments: