Thursday, May 1, 2014

1 Year Post Treatments

A couple of weeks ago I had my 1 year anniversary from finishing all of my cancer treatment.

In the past few months, I've slowly regained my stamina and energy, and have improved greatly.  I'm not quite 100%, but I'm about 90% the way there.

I have another CT scan coming up in June (and 4 more years of check ups before I'm pronounced "cured"), and it should be like my last one: NED (No Evidence of Disease).

Critical notes:  

  • They have a new barium CT contrast flavor!  CITRUS.  I imagine it will taste like it was made by a guy who has never left a lab his whole life who tried to to make something taste like "citrus" from having it described to him.
  • My hair this past couple of weeks has finally returned to it's pre-cancer form, part in the middle and all.


My closest friends threw me a 1 year post-cancer treatment party.  It was great.


Cancer SMASH

Babies everywhere

Appropriate
 Get out of here
 A VERY old obscure joke between friends
 They needed a break too
 I stole their pictures for the blog (I hope they don't find out)
 She wished me a happy birthday about 4 times
"Here's your cancer cake! ...that... name doesn't sound right" 
Still a nope

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog. I just finshed my second chemo visit for R-ABVD. I'm at work and am on day 5 post chemo so things are starting to look up. I'm down in Olympia but get treatment in Seattle. You write well and are an inspiration!! I don't have the patience to write as well as you, but if you are interested, my blog is olympiajeff148.blogspot.com When I'm NED (hopefully), I probably wouldn't want to read another blog. Just thinking about the last month makes me cringe. Take care and congrats on being NED!!! Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment...thanks! Looked at some of your impressive art. My son is also an artist. He applied to CalArts, but didn't get in. His dream is to work in animation like my cousin who does prop design for American Dad. My son will be at SPU next year and will apply to CalArts and few other art schools for the following year. I wish there were more art jobs in Seattle other than caricature artists for the zoo which he did for a summer. Small world! Stay healthy!!!!! Jeff

    ReplyDelete