Monday, March 4, 2013

2 Weeks off Before Radiation Starts + Feeling Fine

Obviously as I'm posting this at midnight- the side effects of insomnia from my chemo left my internal clock a little weird.  However to be honest, I've always been a night person- or at least I'd prefer to be.

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last chemo treatment, and plus that week of "rest" from my bout with pneumonia- I've got almost 3 weeks of rest under my belt with not chemo.

I feel pretty much 100% fine now, compared to before I started treatment, you know- minus the swollen lymph nodes as well.  My energy is back, and I feel pretty good.  In fact- I'm drinking a margarita now... it's not very good though... I need to work on my mixing skills, it's like drinking sour lime juice that's been accidentally fermented.

The pneumonia is 100% gone for quite sometime now. Lungs feel great, no cough.

I have my consultation meeting with my radiation oncologist on Friday.  No routine blood draw this past week- as I'm done with chemo.  PET Scan next week, and I should start radiation hopefully on the Week of March 18th 2013.

Also- my birthday is coming up on Saturday.  Wendy asked what I wanted, and the conversation went down like this:

Wendy: what do you want for your birthday?
Me: ...fajitas.
Wendy:  Fajitas?
Me: Yeah!  And... Margaritas.
Wendy: Okay... what kind of fajitas?
Me:  Uh.... I-... steak.  I want steak fajitas and margaritas!
Wendy: Okay... I can do that.
Me: Fajitas!

I dunno- I felt like fajitas lately.  I don't even like Mexican food. Except you know- if the person making can actually make good Mexican food- then I love it.

I did my taxes (can you tell I don't have much new to report on?).

Cats:
 A paper bag is all Miles needs I learned.  He sleeps in it- for HOURS, and whatever else goes on in his imagination when he's in it, he just likes to hang out in it. Too smart for his own good.

Elli is more of a cardboard box sort of girl.  She's not very bright- in fact she's dumber than a sack of rocks, but the incredibly sweet. (It took her 3 years to learn her own name- no really it did)

My fried Seth from college, sent me a few bottles of a wine he made.  EXCELLENT Merlot.  If you're ever in central Washington, or at Cost Plus (they sells of their wine there nationally)- pick up a bottle of red, excellent deal on delicious wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment