Monday, November 12, 2012

And Side Effects

I don't seem to have the common (and worst) side effect: nausea, which is usually what most people on ABVD treatment get.  I also didn't seem to have the bone pain from my nulasta shot either.  However what I do seem to have:

Jaw Pain + Salivary Gland Pain.  Not fun.

Those symptoms started late Saturday night, and Sunday all day- all the way to today.  Although the worst of it seemed to have been Sunday.  

The jaw pain comes and goes, as does the salivary gland pain- which is the worst.  It feels like a long sharp stinging that lasts 5-10 seconds, pretty much 50% of the time when I stick any sort of food in my mouth (doesn't seem to matter what).  

I'm told this rarely happens (lucky me!), and usually passes 2-4 days after treatment, and for most people only happens after their first treatment.

One of the things to help minimize the pain, is to suck on hard candy of all things.  Which does in fact help a little:



So while I'm eating a breakfast burrito... I'll have a nice subtle hint of peppermint in the background.  I hear that goes well with bacon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment